Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Kanye West

Hello everyone! Yesterday I did a review on the Grammys (if you didn't read it you should definitely go check it out, if you want the complete run down), and one person that I did not talk about was Kanye West. I did mention that he tried to hop on stage, but I never went into full detail.

So Sunday night, Kanye was in two performances. For his first performance, it stated with all the lights off and a single light on stage. Kanye is standing by the light and when he started to sing, you could tell that his mic is very auto tuned. Right when I heard it, I was so disappointed. I mean, everyone already thinks that he is a jerk, and then instead of going on stage and showing everyone that he really is talented, he choose to use auto tune . Also the light was really distracting, and every time he walked over it, I found myself staring at the light and not even listening to him.

In the second performance, he was with Rihanna and Paul McCartney. I was really excited to see what they would do, but I feel like with all the hype, it was kind of a letdown. At least Kanye was singing more natural, and I am pretty sure that he didn't use any auto tune. They all sounded really good, but I think the part that upset me the most was that Paul didn't get to sing that much. He was the person I was really looking forward to hearing, and all he did was play guitar for Kanye and Rihanna. At least they all sound really good vocally.

So later on in the night they gave away the award for album of the year. As I said yesterday, Beck won, and Kanye was NOT happy about that. I feel that the whole world was shocked when Beyoncé didn't win, but no one would threaten to go on stage and ruin Beck’s moment. When Kanye did everyone one was confused for a moment, but then when he walked back off everyone though that it was a joke. There is even a video of Beyoncé and Jay Z’s reaction, and Jay Z looks mortified until everyone starts laughing. However, later on, during an interview with E News, Kanye reviles that it was indeed not a joke and that he feel that Beck should have given his award to Beyoncé. Kanye’s exact words were “Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyoncé. Because when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you're disrespectful to inspiration.” Of course Kanye would make an award show, where he won nothing, all about him. This just proves to people that Kanye is the most important person to Kanye.

What do you think of Kanye? Do you agree with everyone else, or do you think he is really a good person with a strong opinion? Comment below.


And as always thanks for reading! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment