Monday, February 2, 2015

Katy Perry's Super Bowl Preformance

Hello everyone! How has your day been today? Today I am going to talk about the super bowl half time show with Katy Perry. For the past month this performance has been getting tons of buzz. Everyone was wondering what she was going to do, and if it was going to be the best performance we have ever seen or just a waste of time. I was personally really excited, mainly because I love me some Katy P.  Unfortunately many people found the performance to be underwhelming. The media had been making it seem like this was going to blow all of our socks off, and sadly it never really did. Don’t get me wrong she sounded and looked great, but something just wasn’t right.

The beginning was amazing. The first thing you saw was Katy on a giant lion singing “Roar”. When I say giant I mean GIANT. That thing was massive. Next thing you know she was on a chess board that defied gravity, singing “Dark Horse” and it was AMAZING. During all of this she was in a flame outfit. (Which to be honest wasn’t my favorite.)

 Then she sang “I Kissed A Girl” with Lenny Kravitz, and I think they both sounded really good.

Next you see this beach scene with dancing sharks and beach balls. It was so cute! But this is where I started to question how much I like the performance. When I saw the background I thought that she might sing her song “This Is How We Do” which I love, but instead she started singing “Teenage Dream” and I was really confused. Of course after that she sang “California Girls” which was… okay.

During all of this Katy also had back up dancers that had on polka dot bikinis, and most people said that this is when she took a stab at Taylor Swift ( since Taylor has a bikini just like them), but I feel that people are just trying to come up with something.

 After that Missy Elliot came onstage, and she kind of looked like Janet Jackson and “Rhythm Nation”, but no hate she was good.

After that Katy finished the show with “Firework” on a shooting star. Again I feel that the song was not the best choice.

 Overall I liked it, but I feel that she could have done way better songs. She only did her most over popularized song, when lots of her other songs are way better. I feel that the song selection is what turned most people off. What she did was expected and people wanted to be amazed!

What did you thing of Katy’s performance? Did you love it? Did you hate it? Comment below.

I hope you all have an amazing day and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment